There is no way of getting around it, cleaning can be a headache to manage, but it is of vital importance to successful Holiday Property Management. Whether a rental tenant, a property owner or their friend or family member is arriving, to a big luxury pad or to a bolthole by the sea, nobody wants to arrive on holiday to find their accommodation dirty and not prepared.
Providing good quality, consistent and reliable cleaning services is not easy, even though it is often dismissed as “just” cleaning. Whether you subcontract this out or have your own cleaners, the same risks apply, as no matter how you do it, your property owners will more than likely see you as responsible for what happens in their property whilst your cleaners (direct or otherwise) are there.
One way to manage the risks is to have the same cleaners work for you all of the time. With this approach you can ensure that:
- Standards are set so that once training is complete, they can work independently without the need for checking and monitoring the work as much as you would if you have different people each time.
- The work is more efficient as the cleaners get into a rhythm of working according to your norms and standards.
- A team spirit is built meaning that they pick up the slack when someone is off sick or similar.
- Theft from the properties is not an issue as you personally know your team and you will have fine tuned this to only keep the trustworthy and reliable people.
- Honesty around damages and breakages is part of their normal day to day work ethics.
- They know exactly where everything is in each of the properties and how to set up for tenants, owners and all other variations so this again helps with efficiencies.
- They spot things that aren’t as they should be as they know the properties well and can give you this feedback, without having to check absolutely everything with you first.
However, managing your own team comes with paper and there is simply loads of it!
Work orders, instructions, timesheets, products, holiday, payments, time off for sick…
Then of course there is the cleaning schedules which need to be redone each and every time a booking changes, reprinted and issued again.
And then converting it all from bits of paper into how much to pay people and how much to invoice each client, tenant or owner, making sure that nothing is forgotten and everything is invoiced as it should be.
However, this is not the case with Propierge.
From automation of arrival/departure bookings to scheduling (the right hours for the right properties – not just “please clean”), to Cleaning App work orders with specific instructions, to timesheets, to products used, to invoices (split as you like to whoever you like), to payments and everything else in between… You can even schedule any cleaning that you want to happen regularly when the property is empty/not being used.
- All paperless
- Completely integrated end to end
- Built specifically for cleaning activities in Holiday Property Management
And if you subcontract your cleaning to another company, this is also integrated within Propierge.
If you don’t believe us, listen to what the actual people who use Propierge every day have to say about it…
Contact us to find out how Propierge can help you remove some of the duplication, errors and time-wasting that comes with managing Cleaning activities and other areas of Holiday Property Management.